For about 6 years together with my husband we are doing at the end of the year a retrospective. We discuss about what we achieved the current year together and individually.
It has been a tough year for everyone, our routines have changed, we are tired.
Our retrospective is about how we see from a high level the full year and what we want for the next one.
We did not have a structure from the beginning, most of the time our retrospective is a discussion. I would have liked to have it written down since we have started doing this.
What went well?
- I changed job as we planned, started to work for GitLab since February 2o2o, still here.
- Husband quit his job and works full time on his project.
- Paid our debt.
- Both worked from home, I had company this year.
- Keep ourselves healthy.
- Helped my parents with renovating their home.
- Worked 2 weeks from seaside.
What we could have done better?
- Reading, I had another plan with reading this year.
- Being active, with the restrictions and lockdowns we stayed so much time inside, I don’t find my motivation to workout or go out for walks.
What we learned?
- I’ve learned to be grateful for working remotely and have a job in this strange times.
- We can live with less things
- We can do plans and radically change and adjust.
- Living in a small city has advantages, infections with Covid were less here.
- I miss gym, gym is an important piece in my daily routine.
What do we focus on next year?
- Don’t get Covid, get the vaccine.
- Prioritize fitness.
- Travel somewhere sunny and warm.
- Study and learn to level up my programming skills.
- Create more, consume less.
- Work from another place, seaside and maybe somewhere in the mountains.
- Continue working on the retiring at 35 plan.
This year flew away so fast, it feels like I didn’t do so much and I did a lot at the same time.
Are you doing a end of year retrospective? What your retrospective looks like?
I wish you a Happy New Year!